For complete details, see the:
Geckoplex Version 2 Owners Manual
Meet the Geckoplex, the no-expense-spared result of over 10 years in pursuit of our own dream delay pedal. Inspired by 1960-1970’s era tape delays, but with some more modern digital features added in, the Geckoplex EP-5 is about as close as possible to having an actual tape delay unit on your pedalboard. It is full-featured and versatile, handling anything from a simple slap-back, to creating dreamy, spacious science-fiction soundscapes that combine reverb with nearly endless, twisted, wavering echoes. Pair it with an expression pedal for hands-free control of any set of controls over any range in real-time.
Mount it on your pedalboard, or put it on top of your amp stack for some hands-on action instead. However you decide to use it, it has your delay needs covered, and is solidly hand-built to last a very long time.
Each Geckoplex is hand-crafted in small batches with genuine, quality components and individually hand-numbered. Absolutely everything, including circuit board assembly, machining, powder coating, screen printing, assembly, and testing, is done in-house right here in Eugene, Oregon, U.S.A.
This pedal uses a 1/8″ TRS MIDI cable format. Need a MIDI adapter cable? Check here: https://www.geckopedals.com/product/midi-adapter-cable/
New Version 2 Features include:
Full MIDI control, with up to 64 MIDI accessible presets, clock sync, and clock master mode.
- Can be fully bypassed. The off-state output modes are user selectable(buffered with preamp active, or fully bypassed).
- User selectable max delay time (650ms, 1sec, 2sec).
User selectable expression pedal functions in the Sound on Sound looper mode (playback volume, playback speed, or loop degradation).
- Independent control of reverb parameters via MIDI (mix, decay time, tone).
- Over 2X higher headroom before clipping.
- Even lower overall noise floor.
Other Features include:
- Analog FET input preamp gain stage, with level adjustable from zero up to +11dB by the GAIN knob.
- Super high quality 24bit/96kHz audio digital audio in the effects path.
- Up to 2 seconds max delay time.
- Sound on Sound (SOS) looper mode, with loops of up to 40 seconds.
- Toggle switches change the SOS loop playback speed and direction (1/2, normal, 2X speeds, and backward or forward playback).
- Separate WET/DRY outputs for use with dual amp setups or other non-conventional signal routing.
- The dry signal can be switched off on the wet output for pure WET/DRY outputs (internal switch).
- 3 (or up to 64 accessible by MIDI) Fully programmable presets, with seamless switching between them.
- Expression pedal support, allowing full control of any set of controls over any desired range on each preset.
- Tap tempo with selectable subdivisions (eighth note, quarter note, and dotted eighth note subdivisions).
- Tap tempo hold function ramps up into temporary self-oscillation.
- TRAILS toggle switch to control whether trailing effects are heard after the unit is switched off.
- Buffered outputs, capable of easily driving amps with clarity, even through long cables or into Lo-Z inputs.
- Motorized delay slide control to set the delay time, similar to a tape write head position lever found on some vintage tape delay units.
- 6 effect control knobs: echo VOLUME, REPEATS, TONE, WARP, REVERB, and a Gecko Pedals original effect: SHIFT.
- LED level meter bar with peak indicator (6 LEDs).
Other nerdy bragging rights:
- A preposterously powerful ARM Cortex M7 core handles the DSP heavy lifting.
- The enclosure is powder coated and artwork is printed with epoxy ink for ultimate finish durability.
- Gold-plated contacts on the circuit board (ENIG finish).
- Real genuine Davies Molding knobs, made in Chicago, USA
- Real genuine Hammond Manufacturing all metal enclosure.
- Only polyester film and ceramic capacitors are used throughout. No electrolytic or tantalum capacitors to worry about drying up or otherwise failing.
- Polyester film capacitors are used exclusively in the audio signal path.
- Silicone wire cable assemblies are used for all peripheral circuit board connections.
Weight and Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 7.4 in W x 4.72 in D x 4.75 in H (188 mm W x 120 mm D x 60 mm H)
- Box Dimensions: 9 in W x 6.25 in D x 3.625 in H (228 mm W x 159 D x 92 mm H)
- Weight Without Box: 27 oz (765 g)
- Weight With Box: 32 oz (907 g)
- Read Ed Petterson’s review in American Songwriter magazine here: https://americansongwriter.com/gear-review-gecko-pedals-geckoplex-delay/
- Read the Pedal of the Day review here: https://www.pedal-of-the-day.com/2021/10/06/gecko-pedals-geckoplex-ep-5-tape-delay/
Version 2 Specific Demos:
See it in action: